After over three months of only being able to receive Mass on the Internet and Webcam, restrictions are to ease and we are able to celebrate and attend Public Mass from 29th June 2020.
- The restrictions will ease gradually, with an initial limit on numbers attending at 50 and moving later to 100.
- These guidelines and the detailed protocol (PDF) we are adopting involves safe social distancing (2 metres) as well as recognised hygiene actions and sanitising requirements.
- There is a responsibility on all parishioners to fully comply with these necessary health and safety requirements.
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass has been temporarily lifted by Pope Francis and this will continue until attendance restrictions are fully lifted.
- If you do not feel comfortable coming back to Mass immediately this is fine.
- It may be possible to attend weekday Masses where numbers attending are normally lower.
- In our Parish, we plan to continue to celebrate Mass at the following times:
- 9:30 a.m. Monday to Friday.
- 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sundays.
- All Masses will also be available on the Parish WebCam
The key points to remember and act upon include:
- You will be guided by stewards into the Church and your seating position.
- Stewards will guide people as they leave the church.
- The available seating will be filled gradually from the front.
- Please arrive well on time. Possibly 15 minutes before the start of Mass.
- Entrance will be from the Ballinteer Avenue main entrance doors.
- The Broadford exit will only operate as an exit route.
- We will use the Ballinteer doors for exiting after Mass.
- We will gradually empty the church row by row from the back of the Church.
- Hand sanitisers are available at all doors. Please sanitise before entering.
- Try to make minimum contact with door handles and other surfaces.
- Bring your own personal sanitisers and use as needed.
- All are encouraged to wear Facemasks.
- We need to track attendance at Mass. Please bring a note with your name and contact number to Mass and leave it in the attendance basket at all Church entrance doors.
- If using Newsletters or Missalettes, please bring them home.
- Collections: Baskets will not be passed around. A basket for both collections will be placed near all 4 main doors for all donations and envelopes. On line payments are also available via Payzone
- Please do not congregate to chat outside after Mass and always maintain safe social distance at Church entry and exit points.
- Holy Communion: A one-way system starting at the front rows and moving gradually to the back row will be adopted for all Masses. Please follow stewards' guidance.
- Sanitise your hands before going to Holy Communion and maintain safe social distance while going to and returning from receiving Holy Communion
- Do not shake hands or hug anyone
- All seating areas and commonly touched surfaces will be sanitised by volunteers before and after all Masses.
Please remember we are in this together as a Parish Community. We should continue to mind and protect each-other. We are together the body of Christ. We all must play our part.
Detailed protocol on reopening (PDF)
Video on Church reopening for public Mass